- River and coastal engineering
- Nearshore, estuarine and riverine processes
- Modeling of circulation, sediment dynamics and contaminant fate and transport
- Coastal system dynamics under mean sea level rise and climate change
- River and coastal processes numerical modeling ( tide, wave, storm surge)
- Transport and mixing processes (pollution, sediment and tracers)
- Marine and hydrokinetic renewable energy
- Shoreline planning and management
- Earth system models coupling (circulation, atmospheric and wave models)
- Model-data synthesis, statistical analysis and visualization
- Data assimilation and data-driven modeling
- Utilization of remote-sensing data in ocean dynamics (tower based, airborne and satellite)
- Regional weather, circulation and wave prediction systems
- High performance computing
Please click here
S. Moghimi, J. Ramírez, J.M. Restrepo, and S. Venkataramani. Mass Exchange Dynamics of Surface and Subsurface Oil Shallow-Water Transport. American Chemical Society, In review, 2016.
S. Moghimi, H.T. Ozkan-Haller, G. Wilson and A. Kurapov. Data assimilation for bathymetry estimation at a tidal inlet. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, In press, 2016, doi: 10.1175/JTECH-D-14-00188.1.
S. Moghimi, J. Thomson, H.T. Ozkan-Haller, L. Umlauf, S. Zippel. On the modelling of wave-enhanced turbulence Nearshore. Ocean Modelling, 103:118 – 132, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.ocemod.2015.11.004.
S. Moghimi, K. Klingbeil, U. Graewe, and H. Burchard. A direct comparison of a depth-dependent radiation stress formulation and a vortex force formulation within a three-dimensional coastal ocean model. Ocean Modelling, 70(0):132 – 144, 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.ocemod.2012.10.002.
S. Moghimi, G. Gayer, H. Guenther, and M. Shafieefar. Application of third generation shallow water wave models in a tidal environment. Ocean Dynamics, 55(1):10-27, 2005, doi: 10.1007/s10236-005-0108-0.
- Hydrodynamics, Graduate Course.
- Wave theories, Graduate Course.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics I, Graduate Course.
- Coastal Engineering, Graduate Course.
- River Engineering, Graduate Course.
- Storm water management systems, Graduate Course.
- Open channel hydraulics, Under Graduate Course.
- Fluid Mechanics, Under Graduate Course.
- Hydraulic Structures, Under Graduate Course.